10 Fulton Sheen Quotes about our inner longings for love
Since I’ve heard and started reading the writings of Archbishop Fulton Sheen, I fell in love with it! The words, the reality and even the humor of what he is saying. It actually brings me back to love our Father more – on how He loves us and how pure that love is. And since Valentines day is coming up and yes, it’s also Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent, I am sharing to you 10 Quotes about our inner longings on love and for love by Archbishop Fulton Sheen. There are so many love quotes and even motivational quotes from his writings but I will quote my favorites.
1. When a man loves a woman, he has to become worthy of her. The higher her virtue, the more noble her character, the more devoted she is to truth, justice, goodness, the more a man has to aspire to be worthy of her. The history of civilization could actually be written in terms of the level of its women. ― Life Is Worth Living
2. The difference between the love of a man and the love of a woman is that a man will always give reasons for loving, but a woman gives no reasons for loving. ― Life Is Worth Living
3. In every friendship hearts grow and entwine themselves together, so that the two hearts seem to make only one heart with only a common thought. That is why separation is so painful; it is not so much two hearts separating, but one being torn asunder
4. You must remember to love people and use things, rather than to love things and use people.
5. Love is a mutual self-giving which ends in self-recovery.
6. Nothing ever happens in the world that does not happen first inside human hearts – Life Is Worth Living
7. for a woman, love is its own reason. “I love you because I love you.” – Life Is Worth Living
8. A woman never tells you why she loves; she just tells you how she loves. – Life Is Worth Living
9. Man wants three things; life, knowledge, and love. – Life Is Worth Living
10. All love on this earth involves choice. When, for example, a young man expresses his love to a young woman and asks her to become his wife, he is not just making an affirmation of love; he is also negating his love for anyone else. In that one act by which he chooses her, he rejects all that is not her.There is no other real way in which to prove we love a thing than by choosing it in preference to something else. Word and signs of love may be, and often are, expressions of egotism or passion; but deeds are proofs of love. We can prove we love our Lord only by choosing Him in preference to anything else.
Archbishop Sheen’s writings inspires me so much to live life in love. And I hope he did to you too. The quotes above are just my favorite quotes on love but he still has a lot to say on faith, forgiveness and living our lives. May these quotes inspire you as it did to you and also if you have read one of his writings, let me know through the comment section below or if I miss a quote, write your favorite. Thanks for reading and may you have a blessed love day this 14th and more so a meaningful Lenten season.